Friday, May 15, 2009

My First Post!

Hi! My name is Jane and I am a 43 year old woman with Multiple Sclerosis. I was diagnosed in 1998. In July I am going to participate in a clinical trial at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago. I got the OK to participate just two days ago. I am very excited!



I will receive high dose cyclophosphamide (chemo) for four days. This will "wipe out" my faulty immune system and then my body will regrow a new one. The idea is that my new immune system will be healthy. I believe that this is the "thing" that I have been waiting for to come along since everything else I have tried has not been very helpful. What has been helpful is reading about other people who have had this treatment. I hope this blog helps others.



I probably wont have a heck of a lot to say until I get there. But, I am constantly told, I talk too much so maybe I will. I have the utmost faith that this is going to work and I want to see this treatment become available for all MSers. The doctors wont use the word cure but I think, for all intents and purposes, this could be pretty darn close to one. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic. I refuse to believe that I am. That's up to you to decide.