Sunday, September 20, 2009

Still Feeling Good

I've been working around the yard and the house lately and I'm doing very well. Just today I noticed how much my walking has improved. Some days if I really push it I'm not so great with the walking but otherwise I notice that it's better. I'm doing things that I normally wouldn't attempt because I'd be scared to take the chance. This afternoon I walked to a local store that I usually drive to. I had to walk through some woods on the way and I was fine! On Friday I got the front yard completely weeded and cleaned up. I was sore by the end of the day but felt good.

I've been making myself move 'normally' instead of avoiding it to save energy. Instead of sitting on my bum, turning and pulling myself up with something from a kneeling position I just make myself stand. It takes a while and makes me sore but those muscles haven't been used like this in quite some time. The point is- I can do it now. I consider this my physical therapy.

When I've been working and get tired and need a break my breaks aren't as long as they used to be. They're about 15 minutes compared to at least an hour. I can get back to what I was doing much more quickly. It's all very encouraging!

My hair is growing back and is about a 1/2" long on my head. It's growing faster in other places. I'm sure I'll be the hairy goon I've always been in no time. I'm able to get up in the morning and get the kids off to school with no problem. I still have energy to spare. I see the neighbor's wood pile and want to run over and split wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment