Thursday, July 30, 2009

More Developments

This morning when I woke up I sat right up in bed without having to lean on my elbows or hands. I didn't even realize I was doing it. Haven't been able to do that in quite a while. Then, I decided to do some leg lifts. I was able to do 3 sets of 10 double leg lifts without giving myself a hernia! It's been years since I've been able to do one. Later on, when a nurse examined me she asked me to lift against her hand with my left leg. My toes immediately went up. Couldn't point my left toes up a few days ago. What next? Can't wait to find out!

Got a package from Andy today. Lots of undies, magazines, a cute card and cash. Can't wait to spend it. Thanks Honey! XXOO

2 comments:

  1. I find when I am coming out of a flare...most recently with this higher dosing of cytoxan (nothing like yours) that things I had thought might be gone or permanently changed, do start to return. You really need to note these things and slowly work to strengthen deconditioned muscles and not use energy without care. Selective strengthening is the clue. If you want, I'll email you the link to my articles "Rehab My Way" and "Exercise My Way" that describe the water therapy programs I have developed and use daily. You can share them with your doc and see if they might be beneficial to you in your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooooooooohoooooooooo! it must be SO AMAZING to discover your body doing these things that have been so hard (or impossible) for a while. wow. how thrilling!

    ReplyDelete